Search This Blog

Thursday 15 August 2013

Gospel Superstar Deitrick Haddon Remarries for the Second Time; Talks Candidly About His Past

 

This article is not for us to judge this couple or the people they are in relationships with. Part of our goals at HTPB is providing real stories of romance, relationships and marriages so we all can learn from the good and avoid the bad. I am a fan of Deitrick Haddon(Don't wanna let you go, Love him like I do) and I have enjoyed some Damita Haddon songs too(My heart belongs to you comes to mind). They were a force together as far as we could see but mistakes were made. I recommend that every couple should always find time to pray together and keep God in the circle.

Deitrick Haddon, star of Oxygen's upcoming "Preachers of L.A." reality show and successful gospel artist, remarried last Saturday to Dominique Mctyer, the mother of his one-year-old daughter, which now makes for his second marriage after divorcing from his gospel singer ex-wife of 15 years, Damita Haddon, in 2011.
 

Haddon went public with his engagement in January, four months after announcing his divorce was finalized in what was a year-long process. Before his first marriage was legally dissolved, Haddon pastored a church that he took over from his father, but was later shunned by members because they did not agree with his divorce and relationship choices.
In an interview with the Yolanda Adams radio show earlier this year, he admitted hitting rock bottom to the point of wanting to disregard his calling after he left his leadership role.

"I experienced that, how you can be so hurt from people and things that happen in life that you say, 'I don't care nothing about church, singing no gospel music, I don't care nothing about none of it. I'm just trying to live!'" said Haddon. "When you go through something like that, you kind of lose your mind for a minute, and I actually lost my mind for a minute. But thank God for His mercy and grace. He brought me back."

In the trailer of his anticipated show, Deitrick also displayed his frustration for wanting to move forward and said he had a new found perspective in trying to restore his life and ministry again.
"It's all about the truth for me from this point on," he said in the trailer. "The truth about my baby out of wedlock, the truth about my divorce. It happened. There's nothing I can do about that. I'm a pastor but at the end of the day, I'm a man," he said.

"Preachers of L.A.," which is slated for the Fall, has already come under heavy criticism by Christians for featuring Deitrick's lavish lifestyle alongside other megachurch pastors from Southern California. In a previous interview with The Christian Post, Haddon explained that audiences will gain insight from watching the show and his personal life will shed perspective on what it is like to lead a church.


"I'm one of the producers of the show and I thought it was necessary for people to get an inside look on what it takes to be a man of the cloth. It's not easy. ... The problem we have in the church is we have been projecting perfection and allowing other people to put us on a pedestal when at the end of the day we are human just like them. I think people will go to church on Sunday and appreciate their pastor more because it's not easy to walk in such a high calling," he said.

Aside from promoting his show, Haddon is gearing up to tour for his upcoming album, R.E.D.: Restoring Everything Damaged, set to release on Sept. 3.


On His Divorce
My objective in this personal message to my supporters is to set the record straight on why I divorced my ex-wife, to clear my daughter’s and fiancé’s name, and to give you the truth. I’m not here to throw anyone under the bus, but I refuse to remain silent while people slander my name because the other parties involved are refusing to speak up for me and about their involvement in this matter. I regret having to continue to speak on this but you all need to know the truth from my perspective.
It does not feel good when people make comments saying that I left my wife for a younger woman and a baby!! It’s simply not the truth & the truth is recorded in heaven! Heaven keeps good records & i have no reason to lie!!! 

I met the young lady when i moved to L.A a broken mess & God used her to keep me from committing suicide twice!! I do admit that she did get pregnant before my divorce was final as my divorce carried on for over a year. However an abortion was not an option for me so I covered her & she covered me while we both repented of our sins & submit to spiritual leadership. As a sign of humility & accountability, I have not preached on any platform in any church for one year!! I’ve paid my penalty for my sin!!

I understand that my ex-wife wants to keep quiet & she has that right but to allow people to think this way about me while she remain Quiet is not cool when I was a good husband, not perfect but a good husband & friend to her for years!! I take full responsibility for my actions but I WILL NOT take responsibility for the cause of my actions. I don’t expect Damita to be bold enough to go public because people will take your transparency & rub it in your face & even Christians who are called to restore & forgive will be ready to throw stones at her for something that God has forgiven her for & is in her past.

Unfortunately, we happen to live in a religious community that preach forgiveness but when the opportunity presents itself to show it they just don’t do it!!!

However, I do expect Isaac Carree to stand up and be man enough to own his mistakes & give his fans the truth they deserve to know. I appreciate your new song ‘Clean this house”, you know I’ve always been a fan of yours since day one & I’ve never done anything to hurt you but you left one sin out of your song that would have set the record straight & solidified my healing process & that is adultery! I hate to see you walk in deception when it’s unnecessary. Yes I have forgiven you but I want to see you be the true man that God is calling for all us to be. The Gospel community & church has had enough deception. Let’s come clean in 2013. I forgive you & I love you bro but it’s time to be real.

For those that are small minded & will say that I may be jealous of Isaac. That is incorrect, I have always shown my support to him & I celebrate the gifts that God has blessed us with in the Kingdom. However, I have kept quiet & covered him for 2 years since I found out & it wasn’t easy to watch the man that broke up my home run around singing on stages as if he had done nothing devastating to a his fellow brother in the Gospel!!

I have moved on… God has blessed me with a baby that has in many ways neutralized the enemies darts that have been thrown against me. Please let it go down in the books that I did not leave Damita for a younger woman, that is not just not the truth!!
Isaac the ball is in your court & no longer in mine. I sincerely wish you the best but it’s time for us to be real if we’re gonna spread this Gospel. Anything other than that is unnecessary hypocrisy!! I don’t need an apology but your fans deserve an apology for the damage that have been caused by your actions!!

I truly apologize for the damage all this has & will cause the Gospel community & the church. I never dreamed in a million years that I would be part of such foolishness but I’m determined to never bring this kind of shame to the body of Christ again!!


1 comment:

  1. "I have moved on… God has blessed me with a baby" Why do we involve God in our sins. Yes, you have moved on, the key word was "I". God does not contradict himself in his word. How can you say God blessed you with a new wife and a baby? In his word he says, not to fornicate and not to commit adultery. You did what he said not to do and you are saying God blessed you. So, he changed his word just for you to be happy. No, you have sinned and God was not a part of it. As a true Christian, you had two options. 1st forgive your wife, you could have stayed and prayed with her and watched God mend that marriage. 2nd leave you had that right according to the Bible, but not find another woman, and sin too. The two of you could have become friends and dated, no sex or anything until after the divorce, and marriage. I don't believe God sent you another wife while you were still married. God does not tempt us to sin. The devil deceived you, just like he did in the Garden of Eden.

    ReplyDelete