Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 August 2013

BREASTFEEDING WOMAN SCREAMS FOUL BECAUSE SHE WAS STOPPED FROM DOING SO IN A SWIMMING POOL


 

22 year old new mum, Stephanie Wilby (pictured above), is fighting the management of a leisure centre after she was asked to stop breastfeeding her four-month-old baby in a swimming pool. The staff told her breastfeeding in the pool was indecent exposure, unhygienic and similar to a swimmer urinating in the pool and would throw her out of the leisure centre if she refused to stop
"I would have still questioned their reasons but it would not have been as inappropriate. They made a real scene. They were saying me breastfeeding was indecent exposure. But I was covered more than most of the other swimmers. One staff member also said he would stop a man urinating in the pool and that is why they did not want me breastfeeding in the water. I should be allowed to breastfeed where I want. I felt humiliated and it was very distressing. I even asked about feeding at the side of the pool but they said that was not allowed and said I should go to the changing rooms or toilet. This was the worst possible customer service I have ever come across.'
She reported the case as abuse and now the city council is investigating to see if she has a case. Awon caseless cases. What do you think readers?Let's have your views on the matter.

1 comment:

  1. She is just not serious at all! So because they asked her to stop breastfeeding a four month old baby at the swimming turned to worst customer service? Who on earth gave birth to this woman for God's sake and who the hell is her husband? She has got no case. If only she could see beyond her nose to discover it was all in her own interest and her baby.......mschwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete