Search This Blog

Monday 12 August 2013

AN INNOCENT CHILD FACES THE WORLD.


MY CHILD AND THE WORLD

My child, my greatest treasure.
The world, every man's companion.
At my child's first arrival to the world,
I began to ponder on the possible interactions between the two.

Will it be mutual? Will it be parasitic?
How will the two get the best of each other?
Without any adverse effects.
And what is my place in all of this?

I began to let go of my anxieties and got to work.
And with my eye of wisdom,
I began to gently open the eye of wisdom of my child,
so that she will know just what to take from the world for her positive growth.

She stumbled a few times but in it she became stronger.
oh how excited she was about the world, her smiles filled me up.
And one day i noticed a struggle between the two,
the world began to tug and press my child:

What for?! I cried and in a flash of the moment
I realized the world was in earnest expectation of what  to receive from my child
I began to ponder again on the numerous needs of the world;
food, peace, a good economy, justice, financing and so on.

So where does my child come in?
What gifts/talents does she have?
How have i encouraged her talents?
To what purpose is her existence?

Again with my eye of wisdom, I began to gently prompt these gifts in her
and made her see the numerous ways she can be a blessing to the world.
She gradually began to release healing to the world
even as she also took from the world.

Oh what a great interaction between my child and the world.
You should see my child and the world smile.
After all its all about giving and receiving.
You be the judge, Am I not fulfilled?

Written by
Olufunke Alawode.


No comments:

Post a Comment